Auburn Panhellenic awarded College Excellence Award

The 2016-17 winners of the College Panhellenic Excellence Awards have been announced and Auburn is one of the 20 honored.

According to the National Panhellenic Conference, the winners were selected from an evaluation that looked at seven criteria. 

Auburn Panhellenic met all seven criteria, including recruitment, Panhellenic structure, communication with NPC area advisor, judicial procedures, Panhellenic programming, academics and community impact and relations.

“NPC is proud of all our College Panhellenics receiving recognition and I congratulate them all on their successes,” said Frances Mitchelson, Panhellenics chairman. “Since the Excellence and Achievement Awards for College Panhellenics were created, we have increased the number of College Panhellenic Associations receiving recognition to 42 campuses this year. 20 campuses received the Excellence Award and an all-time high 22 campuses received the Achievement Award. These College Panhellenics have excelled in all areas of Panhellenic operations and met the core competencies of reporting and communication.”

NPC is one of the largest advocacy organization for women and in total, 42 colleges were awarded achievement or excellence awards. According to NPC, awards have been given to Panhellenic Associations for 50 years.

"Auburn Panhellenic stands out from others because we are a very inclusive environment and encourage our members to succeed not only academically but also in leadership positions they receive either in their sorority or on campus," said Auburn University Panhellenic President Alex McFadden

The University of Alabama received a College Panhellenic Achievement Award.

Share and discuss “Auburn Panhellenic awarded College Excellence Award” on social media.