Two students arrested in connection with auto burglaries near apartments, on campus

<p>Police tape on North Gay Street in Auburn, Ala., on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2016.&nbsp;</p>

Police tape on North Gay Street in Auburn, Ala., on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2016. 

Two people are in jail today after being arrested in connection to auto burglaries in several locations in Auburn.

The Auburn Police arrested Luke M. Adams, 22, and Madison P. Ebben, 21, both from Auburn, on felony and misdemeanor charges of unlawful breaking and entering a vehicle, second-degree theft of property, third-degree theft of property and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Adams was arrested for an additional charge of fraudulent debit card use.

The Plainsman has been able to confirm that both individuals are students at Auburn.

The pair is suspected of having committed several auto burglaries between June 28 and July 5. Police say they entered unlocked vehicles and stole property. The burglaries happened across the city, including at apartment complexes on West Glenn Avenue and South College Street.

Another incident happened at a public building in the 200 Block of Mell Street near RBD Library.Credit cards were taken and used at businesses around the Auburn-Opelika area. Later, a search of Adams' and Ebben's home returned several pieces of stolen property.

The pair has been transported to Lee County Jail where Adams is being held on a $23,500 bond and Ebben is being held on a $22,000 bond. More charges are pending.

Share and discuss “Two students arrested in connection with auto burglaries near apartments, on campus” on social media.