Auburn vs. Mississippi State kickoff time, TV channel announced

No. 15 Auburn will host No. 17 Mississippi State on Saturday, Sept. 30, with kickoff time set for 5 p.m. CT in Jordan-Hare Stadium.

The clash between the Tigers and Bulldogs will be broadcasted on ESPN. The contest is the SEC home opener for Auburn (2-1), who will take on Missouri in Colombia, Mo. the week prior. 

Mississippi State (3-0, 1-0 SEC) throttled then-No. 12 LSU in Starkville in Week 3, catapulting them into the Top 25. State will travel to Athens, Ga. for a showdown with No. 11 Georgia in Week 4, giving Dan Mullen's squad an opportunity to arrive on The Plains at 4-0 with a pair of huge conference wins behind them.

The last time Mississippi State traveled to Auburn in 2015, the Bulldogs escaped Pat-Dye Field with a 17-9 victory behind the arm of Dak Prescott. MSU contained Auburn with four redzone stops in Sean White's first start of the season.

Last year in Starkville, Auburn's front seven dominated State in a 38-14 win. The Tigers' big lead turned into a rout after Montravious Adams' scoop and score right before halftime gave Auburn a 35-0 lead at the break. 

The Auburn offense ran efficiently for the first time all season, granting the Tigers momentum heading into a home date with No. 17 Arkansas, in which Auburn destroyed the Razorbacks, 56-3. 

Auburn leads the all-time series 59-28-3, though Mississippi State has won three of the last five meetings. 

Share and discuss “Auburn vs. Mississippi State kickoff time, TV channel announced ” on social media.