Chick-Fil-A cuts chicken strips from campus' menu

The on campus Chick-Fil-A became more express over the summer as the corporation chose to discontinue the sale of their chicken strips at express locations. 

Due to less success than other items, the meal option was removed from various University locations across the nation and is said to be undetermined if it will return in the future. 

“[The] Chick-Fil-A corporate changed the menu for University locations,” said one of the managers for Auburn’s location Oscar Fernandez. “[I’m] not sure about the likeliness of their return as of right now.”

“Traditional stores are still carrying them,” Fernandez said to clear up any possible confusion.

“So many people like strips,” said freshman Avery Kozlowski. “They taste so much different than the chicken nuggets.”

Freshman Brooke Houston agreed as she waited in the packed line to approach the new menu.

“We can only handle so much traffic flow with so many items,” said Brett Henderson, another manager for Auburn’s location. “I think what we are doing is 27-28 hundred transactions a day so we can only field so many items.”

Henderson said the chain’s high volume is contributing to the removal of the product. He said that with such a high number of customers, this branch, along with other university express locations, have trimmed down their menus.

“There should be another item sooner or later coming in its place,” Henderson said, welcoming the possibility of the branch adding a new and different item to the menu.

Share and discuss “Chick-Fil-A cuts chicken strips from campus' menu” on social media.