College of Veterinary Medicine to hold leadership workshop

<p>Olga Norris&nbsp;</p>

Olga Norris 

The College of Veterinary Medicine will hold its annual Woman's Leadership Workshop on Oct. 14. The event will start at 7:30 a.m. and will take place in the Veterinary Education Center.

"This event is to help women graduate students to connect and network among our departments." said Marike Visser, a resident in Clinical Pharmacology and Ph.D. student.

Although the event will be centered around women and graduate students, it will be open to students of all kinds. "we hope it'll start a conversation and students will recognize and develop their own leadership skills." said Visser. 

The event is also not strictly for Auburn students as the students from the preventive health department at Tuskegee will also attend the event along with Auburn students in its various health departments.

The event will start with a faculty session from Dr. Betsy Charles, executive director of the Veterinary Leadership Institute. The presentation will focus on leadership, a common theme throughout the event. The next speaker will Isaiah Hankel, a Ph.D. in anatomy and cell biology and a member. 

Hankel is an internationally recognized Fortune 500 consultant and a member of "The Cheeky Scientists", an organization that offers "industry training for post-academia PhD's". Hankel will present the topic of networking and wage gap.

Attendees will then be treated to a free lunch paid by for the sponsors of the event. After lunch, a Q/A will commence.

"The Q/A will have people from all walks of life," said Visser. With the event mainly focused on networking, leadership and student development, the Q/A will provide students with an excellent chance to get real advice from professionals in their respective fields.

Share and discuss “College of Veterinary Medicine to hold leadership workshop” on social media.