Fright night at Pope's Haunted Farm, sponsored by AU Global

AU Global promotes opportunity for AU Global students to attend fright night for free

Auburn University students involved with AU Global will have the opportunity to experience a thrill at a local attraction this weekend.

All expenses paid, AU Global will be sponsoring students to enjoy various haunted festivities in Salem, Alabama, Friday night.

“Pope’s Haunted Farm is the most sinister around this community,” said Troy Pope, who opened Pope’s Haunted Farm more than two decades ago.

Pope’s Haunted Farm offers a haunted barn, haunted hayride, haunted forest and a zombie paintball experience to anyone who enjoys a good scare.

“What we’re really trying to do is open up our students to some of the traditions and customs surrounding the Auburn-Opelika area,” said AU Global Student Services Director Charus Cambell.

Transportation will be provided to and from the Haunted Farm. The buses will pick up at Tiger Lodge, The Hill, The Beacon and The Grove, at 6 p.m.

Pope’s Haunted Farm is one of the largest in the Southeast, attracting hundreds of people every weekend during the month of October.

The haunted barn contains more than 30 live actors. This self-guided tour navigates through a seemingly endless sequence of rooms.

The haunted hayride offers a spooky ride accompanied by around 40 live actors. Up to 40 people can ride behind a hitched tractor as it creeps through the woods.

“Oh my god, the haunted forest was intense,” said Colleen Jackson, from Troy, Alabama.

The Zombie Paintball Safari replicates a mass zombie invasion. Each person has a mounted paintball gun with approximately 170 paintballs. Strolling through the woods in a wagon, the rules are, “Shoot zombies on sight,” Pope said.

“Everything we do is for the students – everything,” said AU Global Events and Special Projects Coordinator Jenna Chambliss. “We want them to know that we are here to assist with academics but also to increase their overall experience here at Auburn. We want them to have fun. ”

Share and discuss “Fright night at Pope's Haunted Farm, sponsored by AU Global” on social media.