College of Engineering adds new master's program to support manufacturing and technology industries

Launching in 2018, the Samuel Ginn College of Engineering at Auburn is adding a new master’s program.

The online Master of Engineering Management degree was added to support Alabama’s multi-billion dollar manufacturing and technology industries.

“This master’s degree program among the first of its kind in the region,” said Dean Christopher B. Roberts. “It is a direct response to the needs of Alabama industry and will bolster our economic development efforts by providing graduate students with a solid foundation of engineering and project management principles.”

The program will be open to qualified individuals with a bachelor’s degree in engineering or those with a minimum of five years relevant work experience.

It will be administered by the Thomas Walter Center for Technology Management in the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering and will require 30 credit hours including organizational leadership, human factors and an engineering management project.

The degree offers four specialized options: manufacturing, occupational safety and ergonomics, systems engineering and product innovation.

“The new Master of Engineering Management program meets a very specific demand from industry here in Alabama,” said John Evans, chair of the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering and director of the Thomas Walter Center for Technology Management. “Advanced engineering positions require specialized skills and knowledge, and this degree program will ensure our state’s engineers are prepared for them.”

Share and discuss “College of Engineering adds new master's program to support manufacturing and technology industries” on social media.