Cook Out to open three restaurants in the Auburn area

Students looking for a cheap, late-night bite will have a few more options soon. Cook Out, a popular hamburger joint, will now be opening three franchise locations in the Auburn area.

According to Forrest Cotten, the planning director for the City of Auburn, there will be two Cook Out restaurants in Auburn and one in Opelika. 

One of the Auburn locations will be on the corner of Opelika Road and East University Drive by the Auburn Mall and the other on South College Street. The Opelika location will be by Tiger Town.

“With so many students in this area, Cook Out is looking to be really successful around here,” Cotten said.

Cook Out has locations all throughout the South with many in college towns.

The chain currently only has two Alabama locations, in Jacksonville and Tuscaloosa, so this addition will be a big jump in their roster of locations that could bring exposure to their brand within the state. Cook Out’s Tuscaloosa location has found success in a fast-paced college environment.

Founded in North Carolina, Cook Out is famous for their food and atmosphere that mimic a family gathering. Most locations are open late-night.

Their menu includes burgers, barbecue, hot dogs and french fries, all staples of a traditional block cookout.

Gabby Dance | Assistant Campus Editor

Gabby Dance, senior in journalism with a minor in women's studies, is the assistant campus editor of The Auburn Plainsman.

Share and discuss “Cook Out to open three restaurants in the Auburn area” on social media.