PREVIEW: Speaker to lecture on the future of performing arts at Auburn

As usual, on the Friday before home football games, Auburn University will host a new speaker as a part of the university's "This is Auburn" speaker series.

On Nov. 17, prior to the Tiger's matchup against Louisiana-Monroe, Chris Heacox, executive director of the Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center in Auburn, will discuss the future of performing arts at Auburn as well as its impact.

Heacox will serve as the Performing Arts Center's inaugural executive director when the project is expected to be completed in August 2019. The Gogue Center will focus on bringing illustrious performers and unmatched experiences to the University and its students.

Prior to Auburn University, Heacox served as the executive director at Florida State University's Opening Nights Performing Arts as well as the immediate past president of Florida Professional Presenters Consortium, a 50-plus member organization charged with improving the level of performing arts in the state of Florida.

Serving on multiple boards and organizations in Florida as well as Master's degree in Jazz and contemporary media performance from the Eastman School of Music at the University of Rochester, Heacox brings his experience, expertise and passion to The Plains.

The event itself is sponsored by the Auburn Alumni Association, Auburn Athletics, the Office of Communications and Marketing and the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute and will take place at 3 p.m. in the Auburn Alumni Center

Share and discuss “PREVIEW: Speaker to lecture on the future of performing arts at Auburn” on social media.