Get an A while having fun this spring

There are a lot of options when it comes to registration. Deciding how you want to schedule your classes, when you want your lunch break and when to take that three-hour lab can be difficult decisions.

Sometimes students find themselves looking for extra classes. Perhaps they need more hours in order to stay a full-time student. Maybe a pre-med student needs some buffer classes to break up those chemistries and biologies.

Whatever the reason, many students find themselves looking for something interesting to take. Here’s a list of some of the more interesting courses.

Intro to Creative Writing

Auburn University describes the course as “designed to help you develop skills in inventive writing in fiction and poetry.”

Students will read and discuss professionally published work in order to examine structure and other elements of craft such as character, voice, setting, imagery, and theme. This is a class without prerequisites, so if you consider yourself a writer, give this a go.

Drawing 1

Another creative class — this one will give students with artistic ability a chance to explore their potential. So if you’re itching to pick up a pencil and increase your skill, maybe try Drawing 1.

Wellness

This class is based on healthy practices in your life with practical applications.

The description for the class is: “Basic concepts and principles of wellness with laboratory experiences for the self-appraisal of health-related physical fitness”

Active Auburn

Another class designed to help you live a healthier life is Active Auburn. In addition, this is an easy class.

Auburn describes this class as involving “Basic concepts associated with physical activity and the opportunities on campus to engage in health-promoting and wellness activities.”

Self Defense for Women

Self-defense should be made a priority. This class incorporates not only strategies, but hands-on defense practice.

This class culminates in a final exam in which you show your instructors how much you have learned, by escaping an “attacker.”

It is important to make women aware of how they can better protect themselves, and this class is a great start.

Scuba Diving

This is a class that, though it runs on the expensive side, can be a lot of fun. If you’ve ever had any interest in becoming a diver, take this introductory class.

This is a great class to break up all your more difficult courses by providing a fun break in your week.

Acting I

Interested in testing your improvisation skills? Always wanted to be in one of the productions on campus?

Introduction to Acting does not have any listed pre-requisites, and it might be your ticket to Broadway. While participating in the course does not guarantee you a spot on a show, you can improve your acting skills.

The description for this course is an “Introduction to basic acting techniques, literature and performance through improvisation, contemporary scene study and attendance at theatre performances.”

While there are many other courses to take at Auburn, these are a few of the ones that students might find interesting.

Auburn offers a variety of intriguing courses, so it is important for students to take advantage of the wide variety of courses offered.

Share and discuss “Get an A while having fun this spring” on social media.