Jarrett Stidham, Nick Coe earn SEC POTW honors for Iron Bowl performances

Stidham proved clutch in third down situations, completing 7-of-9 passes for 106 yards on third. Six of those seven completions resulted in first downs

Redshirt sophomore quarterback Jarrett Stidham and redshirt freshman defensive end Nick Coe are the latest Auburn Tigers to earn SEC Player of the Week honors, in the wake of Auburn's huge Iron Bowl victory over No. 1 Alabama. 

Stidham was named the conference's Co-Offensive Player of the Week. The Texan passed for an efficient 237 yards on 21-of-28 attempts, while evading the dominant Alabama front four to the tune of 51 rushing yards and a score on the ground. His 16-yard gallop in the fourth quarter landed the contest at its final tally of 26-14.

The quarterback led Auburn's offense to 408 total yards, the most allowed by Alabama's No. 1 overall defense in the 2017 season. Stidham made Iron Bowl history with his 75 percent completion percentage, which now ranks second in the series' history with a minimum of 20 passing attempts. 

Ryan Davis was Stidham's favorite target, snaring 11 passes for 139 yards and breaking the Auburn single-season reception record in the process. 

Stidham proved clutch in third down situations, completing 7-of-9 passes for 106 yards on third. Six of those seven completions resulted in first downs.

Auburn's young gun of its powerful defensive line, Coe recorded five tackles, including a sack and quarterback hurry of Jalen Hurts in Coe's first Iron Bowl. Coe now has three five tackle performances this season (No. 1 Alabama, No. 24 Mississippi State, Arkansas). 

Share and discuss “Jarrett Stidham, Nick Coe earn SEC POTW honors for Iron Bowl performances” on social media.