No. 6 Auburn will rematch No. 7 Georgia in the SEC Championship Saturday. Tre' Williams, Jarrett Stidham and Kerryon Johnson all touched on the game, the team's improvements and the health of Johnson.
Linebacker Tre' Williams:
- On SEC Championship vs. UGA: "We're excited for it. It's something we've been looking forward to and working hard for."
- On Kerryon Johnson's status: "He's really tough. All in all, you know he's going to play. He won't let this opportunity bypass him."
- On defense's improvement: "We set a standard. We have to keep that standard.
- On players playing through injury: "It's mind over matter. You know you're going to have to play through pain."
- On his own shoulder injury: "I feel good. You've got to be smart about it."
- On Georgia QB Jake Fromm: "He's going to bring it. No question."
Quarterback Jarrett Stidham:
- On improvements since Clemson: "A lot of those sacks at Clemson were honestly on me."
- On team's five game win streak: ""[LSU] didn't go the way we wanted. We did a great job bouncing back."
- On tweeting last year about desire to play in SEC Championship:"I forgot I even tweeted that. I knew what kind of team we had, was just really looking forward to that opportunity."
- On Kam Martin's ability to start if Kerryon Johnson can't play: "He's liable to bust one at any moment. He's up to the challenge."
Runningback Kerryon Johnson
- On SEC Title: "I'm excited. We set this goal a while ago. It seems surreal, but it's time to get to work."
- On rematching Georgia: "We set this goal as a team. These are the games you go to big time schools for. I'm trying to get back out there."
- On injury: "I'm working to get back to as healthy as I can be...I'll never count myself out until I'm officially out."
- On stadium chanting his name: "That brought tears to my eyes. To see that support, a lot of people come through Auburn. To hear the crowd chanting my name, that shows I've done right by this university."