Charles Barkley to campaign with Doug Jones at election-eve rally

Barkley will join Jones and newly elected Birmingham Mayor Randall Woodfin at his last campaign rally in Birmingham

Former Auburn and NBA basketball star Charles Barkley is expected to join Democratic candidate Doug Jones at his election-eve campaign rally Monday night in Birmingham.

The Montgomery Advertiser first reported Barkley's expected appearance.

Barkley, who played basketball at Auburn in the 1980s, has been a staunch opponent of Jones' Republican rival, former Chief Justice Roy Moore, telling reporters last month in Auburn at a statue unveiling in the hall-of-famer's honor that Moore should have been disqualified "way before the women stuff."

Three women have accused Moore of sexual assault, including one woman, Leigh Corfman, who said Moore initiated sexual contact with her when she was 14 and he was 32.

Barkley hit Moore on his alignment with President Donald Trump's former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, who's now returned to his pre-administration gig as chairman of the right-leaning Breitbart News, which he once bragged to be the "platform for the alt-right."

“I mean Roy Moore is running with Steve Bannon as his right-hand man, who is a white separatist,” Barkley told NBC News. "How can you be a white separatist and represent all the constituents in your state?"

Barkley will join Jones and newly elected Birmingham Mayor Randall Woodfin Monday night while Moore and Bannon will appear together for a third time in Midland City. Bannon has campaigned twice before with Moore, both times in Fairhope, Alabama.

"I'm going to do all I can," Barkley said. "I don't want this guy representing my state."

Share and discuss “Charles Barkley to campaign with Doug Jones at election-eve rally” on social media.