Create a group fitness class routine at home

With the New Year right around the corner, up comes the population’s favorite resolution — hitting the gym. At some point, most people vow to make working out a priority with the clean slate of a new year.

One thing that stops some people in their tracks is the price of a gym or group fitness membership. Even though classes are a great way to hold yourself accountable, push yourself and meet new people, a lot of the components can be replicated if you’re more of an at-home fitness fan.

Manage your time

The first step is to strictly manage and allocate your time during your workout.

In fitness classes at the Auburn Recreation Center, the instructors plan their classes down to the minute. This makes for an efficient use of your time by giving you no space to procrastinate from exercise to exercise.

Planning time for a warm-up, an array of exercises and a cool-down will ensure that you get all aspects of a fitness class in your at-home workout, and make sure you are working out in a fashion that is healthy for your body. The goal is to help, not hurt, and to take measures that ensure a safer, more efficient workout.

Mix it up

Sticking to the same workout moves can cause your body to be stuck in a fitness funk. Adding diversity to your workout routines can keep your body on its toes and make working out more exciting rather than monotonous.

The appeal to fitness classes is that they offer different routines and types of exercise, although it may take some more research on your part, this can be accomplished on your own as well. Checking up on Pinterest or magazines are a few ways you can you find some more moves to add in. Investing in a bike or weights may also help you work some different muscles in your at-home routine.

Become your biggest motivator

One aspect of a fitness class that is on the harder side to replicate is the verbal motivation and group support. When working out on your own, it is important to not just hold yourself accountable but to become your own biggest motivator. This could be done by reminding yourself of what you’re working towards, making mini goals or creating rewards for yourself along the way.

Working inspiration or quotes into your workout routine either before or during to keep you motivated is another way to stay on track. If you are still having difficulties gaining motivation, there are fitness apps and YouTube videos that mimic a trainer motivating the class that could help give your workout more of a group fitness vibe.

Overall, you don’t need a class or a membership for good results. With time management, variety in your routine, and motivation from within or others, you are sure to be on your way towards your fitness goals. 

Share and discuss “Create a group fitness class routine at home” on social media.