Kerryon Johnson headed to NFL Draft

Johnson finished the season with 1,391 rushing yards and 19 touchdowns.

Kerryon Johnson's career at Auburn has come to a close.

The SEC Offensive Player of the Year has elected to forego his senior season at Auburn and enter the 2018 NFL Draft. Johnson announced the news on Twitter Tuesday evening.

"There aren't enough words to express how grateful I am of the opportunity Auburn University has given me," Johnson wrote. "This is truly an amazing school with an amazing fan base.

"With that being said...I have decided to enter the NFL Draft. Thank you all for the endless support that has not always been deserved. I love Auburn and The Auburn Family. War Eagle!"

Johnson finished the season with 1,391 rushing yards and 19 touchdowns. He put up those numbers despite missing several games due to injury and battling through more in a loss to Georgia in the SEC Championship game.

“I would like to thank KJ for all he has done for our program over the last three years,” Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn said. “Kerryon has made this team better both on and off the field with his great character, competitiveness and leadership. He will be very successful at the next level and more importantly in life. We wish KJ nothing but the best.”

Johnson finishes his Auburn career with 2,494 yards on 519 carries. He scored 34 total touchdowns in his three seasons on The Plains.

Share and discuss “Kerryon Johnson headed to NFL Draft” on social media.