Trio charged with Aspen Heights robbery

<p>Police tape on North Gay Street in Auburn, Ala., on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2016.&nbsp;</p>

Police tape on North Gay Street in Auburn, Ala., on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2016. 

Auburn police arrested and charged Jaken Dowdell, 20; Martavious Dowdell, 20, both from Auburn, and Tevin Callaway, 25, early morning Tuesday with three counts of first-degree robbery, second-degree possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to a release from the Auburn Police Division. Callaway, from Opelika, was also charged with carrying a pistol without a permit.

At around 5:30 a.m., police responded to a robbery call at a house in the 700 block of Aspen Heights Lane. According to the victim, three men who had been at their home earlier returned armed with handguns and took cash and electronics totaling over $2,000.

Police said that further investigation resulted in the three men being identified as involved in the robbery. An officer conducted a traffic stop on a car the suspects were seen in and took them into custody. Marijuana, drug paraphernalia and a handgun were allegedly found in the vehicle as well.

Jaken Dowdell and Martavious Dowdell remain in custody at the Lee County Detention Center on $302,000 bonds. Callaway is being held at the jail on a $305,000 bond.

Share and discuss “Trio charged with Aspen Heights robbery” on social media.