Annual Tiger Giving Day prepares to meet fundraising goals

Since the first Tiger Giving Day in 2015, more than 5,000 donors have made gifts to support nearly 50 projects.

Auburn University’s fourth annual Tiger Giving Day will take place this Wednesday, Feb. 21 with the goal of uniting Auburn by supporting projects throughout campus and helping students and faculty have an impact on a variety of initiatives.

Tiger Giving Day is a 24-hour, University-wide crowdfunding effort that allows donators to give to any of the over 25 projects.

A new project to give to as a part of the 2018 Tiger Giving Day is the Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center’s effort to purchase a custom, Auburn-themed Steinway 1098 piano for the center’s green room. 

Donors that give $50 or more to the performing arts center’s Tiger Giving Day project will be invited to sign the piano prior to the center’s grand opening in 2019.

“The names on the piano give the artists a way to see who provided them with the tools to help them be their best,” said Christopher Heacox, executive director of the Gogue Performing Arts Center. “What better way to leave your mark than to sign the piano that artists from around the world will play for years to come?”

Another highly-anticipated project of the 2018 Tiger Giving Day is a collection of reel-to-reel tapes at the Ralph B. Draughon Library. The tapes include original 1965-1979 recordings and feature speakers including boxer Muhammad Ali, consumer advocate Ralph Nader, actor Vincent Price, Sen. Edward Kennedy, Sen. Barry Goldwater, news anchor Dan Rather, journalist George Plimpton and many others.

Currently, the recordings are not in an easy-to-use format. On Tiger Giving Day, donors can help purchase the equipment necessary to digitize these tapes so everyone can listen to them.

The projects’ goals range from $2,000 to $35,000. Some of the projects include special dog runs for the Canine Performance Sciences’ dogs, private nursing pods for the Tiger Babies nursing service provided on game days and lighting for evening use of the Davis Arboretum.

The Tiger Giving Day projects cover a variety of project topics. All the projects share one common goal, their success depends on support from Auburn alumni, friends, faculty, students and community members.

All projects will be featured on TigerGiving.org on Feb. 21 and donors will be able to see real-time updates about each project and the collective impact of their giving. The official hashtag for the day is #TigerGivingDay.

Share and discuss “Annual Tiger Giving Day prepares to meet fundraising goals ” on social media.