Minor candidates to receive vote deductions, fines for elections violations

One Liberal Arts ticket and one independent minor candidate will be faced with vote deductions and another Liberal Arts ticket will be fined after the candidates were found in violation of SGA campaign rules

One Liberal Arts ticket and one independent minor candidate will be faced with vote deductions and another Liberal Arts ticket will be fined after the candidates were found in violation of SGA campaign rules.

The "Tichenor? I Hardly Know Her" ticket will have 24 votes deducted from the total of each candidate for leaving up fliers that were previously found in violation of campaign rules. The ticket was found to have been negligent after being ordered to take down the offending fliers.

The "CLAdiators" ticket faces a $2.50 fine for using staples instead of thumbtacks to hand fliers.

Both of those violations were reported by Liberal Arts Senator Ken Ward, who is running for re-election. 

Meredith Vines, a Senate candidate for the College of Business, will have 10 votes deducted after the election board found she received an endorsement from a business not affiliated with Auburn University and advertised it on her social media.

College of Business senator candidates Matthew Carroll, Crawford Rummel, Jackie Litschewski and Mary Margaret Turton reported Vines' violation.

SGA election results are expected at 10 p.m. on Cater Lawn.

No major candidates were faced with violations.

Share and discuss “Minor candidates to receive vote deductions, fines for elections violations” on social media.