Brett Hawke to resign as Auburn Swimming and Diving head coach

The two-time Olympian and three-time Olympic coach spent 10 years on The Plains.

Brett Hawke, a name synonymous with Olympians and national championships, has resigned as Auburn's swimming and diving head coach.

The two-time Olympian and three-time Olympic coach spent 10 years on The Plains, guiding Auburn to 11 NCAA individual titles, 64 individual SEC titles and 479 All-America honors.

"I have enjoyed my time leading and giving back to a team and university that has given so much to me," Hawke said. "I feel it is time for me to find a new challenge and for the swimming and diving program to have a new leader."

As the 2009 NCAA Coach of the Year and 2012 SEC Coach of the Year, Hawke led the men's program to 10 top-12 finishes, eight top-10 finishes and the 2009 National Championship. He also guided the women's program to six top-15 finishes and four top-10 finishes.

In total, Hawke coached 14 Olympians.

Adding to his coaching success, Hawke swam at Auburn from 1997-99 and won two national championships.

"I would like to thank Coach Hawke for all of his outstanding contributions to Auburn swimming and diving and for his 10 years of service to our student-athletes," Auburn Athletic Director Allen Greene said.

Greene added that the search for the next head coach will begin immediately.

Share and discuss “Brett Hawke to resign as Auburn Swimming and Diving head coach” on social media.