The Auburn Student Senate on Monday confirmed five SGA executive officers and Senate committee chairs proposed at the Student Senate’s last meeting on March 5.
Executive Officers Confirmed
- Chief of Staff: Mackenzie Yelton
- EVP of Initiatives: Austin Chandler
- EVP of Programs: Patrick Starr
- EVP of Outreach: Jordan Kramer
- EVP of Communications and Marketing: Bailey Hand
Newly appointed EVP of Initiatives Austin Chandler was present at the Senate meeting and was asked by Graduate School Senator Max Zinner to give an example of an initiative he is most passionate about.
“One of the things that has been brought up with SGA in the past is having a program for student and faculty interaction outside of the classroom,” Chandler said. “My personal project would be a student, faculty lunch program. So, it would be no cost for an Auburn student to take any faculty member — that’s a teacher, Auburn administrator, a GA who teaches a lab or a section of class — to a meal. Just to foster that relationship outside of the classroom.”
Senate Chairpersons Confirmed
- Academic Affairs Committee: Avi Vaidya
- Budget and Finance Committee: Hayes Lee
- Code of Laws Committee: Max Zinner
- Inclusion and Diversity Committee: Ada Ruth Huntley
- Student Affairs Committee: Sully Jeter
The SGA Student Senate proposed the confirmation of 16 Cabinet Assistant Vice President positions, three College of Education senators, one College of Liberal Arts senator, one College of Forestry and Wildlife Sciences senator, the Senate Executive Secretary and the Senate Parliamentarian.
The Senate positions went unfilled during the election or have been vacated since then.
Proposed appointments for Cabinet AVP
- Executive Director of Elections: Bri Thomas
- Executive Director of Schools Council: Haley Falkenberry
- AVP of Finance: Abhi Gulati
- AVP of Outreach Feedback: Asna Fidai
- AVP of Outreach Projects: Julianne Lyn
- AVP of Campus Relations: Jayla Coleman
- AVP of Organization: Whitney Say
- AVP of Creative Marketing: Jack Wilbanks
- AVP of Campus Life: Brooks Jones
- AVP of Facilities: Grant Johnson
- AVP of External Affairs: Ashley Satterfield
- AVP of Academic Affairs: MB Smith
- AVP of Programs: Family Fridays, Aubie Program, Better Relations Day: Kennedye McGhee
- AVP of Programs: Miss AU Scholarship Pageant, Homecoming, Holiday Lighting Ceremony: Katherine Neil
- AVP of Programs: Freshman Forum, Hey Day, Creed Week: Caroline Mathews
- AVP of Athletics: Brooks Jackson
Mary Claire Pouncey, Molly Cranston and Taylor Panther were proposed to be appointed as College of Education Senators. There are three senator positions for the College of Education and all three needed to be filled.
For the open College of Forestry and Wildlife Sciences Senate seat, Sierra Bobstick was proposed to be appointed. The College of Forestry and Wildlife Sciences has one Senate seat.
The Senate proposed Riley Hambrick be appointed as a College of Liberal Arts Senate. He would be one of three senators for the College of Liberal Arts.
There is currently one open Senate seat for the College of Veterinary Medicine, and the college has one Senate seat in total.
Senators proposed Morgan Kull be appointed to the open Senate executive secretary position, and Matt Molock was proposed to be appointed to serve another term as the Senate Parliamentarian position.