Jarrett Stidham, Ryan Davis progressing through injuries at spring practice

Two of Auburn’s offensive weapons are progressing through injuries entering spring practice, head coach Gus Malzahn discussed Thursday.

Malzahn announced that Jarrett Stidham is out of his arm sling following surgery on his left shoulder. Wide receiver Ryan Davis will join his quarterback in limited practice after a “minor procedure” on his shoulder.

Davis is expected to return to “full speed” following spring break. Stidham will focus on footwork drills before being expected to throw after the break, Malzahn said.

The head coach added that Stidham’s absence will allow Malik Willis and newcomer Joey Gatewood to earn some playing time with the first and second strings.

Continue reading below...

“I think, too, there's something to be said of [Stidham] being able to sit back there behind everything,” Malzahn said. “He'll help those young guys, too. So I think there is going to be a win-win deal as far as that goes.”

As Auburn’s first-ever, 3,000-yard passer to return for a following season, Stidham completed 66.5 percent of his passes for 3,158 yards and 16 touchdowns.

Davis’ 84 receptions in 2017 were the most ever by an Auburn receiver in addition to his 815 yards and five touchdowns.

Share and discuss “Jarrett Stidham, Ryan Davis progressing through injuries at spring practice” on social media.