Auburn police arrest 43-year-old Cusseta man on robbery, domestic violence charges

The arrest stems from an incident at a business in the 2500 block of Innovation Drive at about 5:30 a.m. on Wednesday

<p>Police tape on North Gay Street in Auburn, Ala., on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2016.&nbsp;</p>

Police tape on North Gay Street in Auburn, Ala., on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2016. 

Auburn police arrested a 43-year-old man from Cusseta, Alabama, on charges of first-degree robbery and second-degree domestic violence, police said Thursday.

Police took Willie Bonner Huguley into custody at his Cusseta home on Wednesday with the assistance of the Lee County Sheriff's Office.

The arrest stems from an incident at a business in the 2500 block of Innovation Drive in Auburn at about 5:30 a.m. on Wednesday. When police arrived, they were told Huguley had physically assaulted a woman in the parking lot and taken her purse.

The women went to East Alabama Medical Center's emergency room for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.

Police later found the victim to be a 34-year-old family member, whom Huguley confronted when she arrived for work. After a verbal confrontation, Huguley allegedly assaulted the victim with a knife before fleeing the scene, police said.

He's being held in the Lee County Jail on a $115,000 bond.

Share and discuss “Auburn police arrest 43-year-old Cusseta man on robbery, domestic violence charges” on social media.