Auburn lands 2019 commitment from 3-star center Jakai Clark

Auburn's recent injury woes at the center position have been slightly mended, thanks to the 2019 recruiting trail.

Gus Malzahn landed his third commitment of the 2019 class Tuesday afternoon in three-star center Jakai Clark out of Loganville, Georgia. Rivals' Chad Simmons was the first to report the news.

Clark joins quarterback-receiver tandem Bo Nix and George Pickens as the only Tigers in the 2019 football class. A 6-foot-2, 305-pound true center from Grayson High School, Clark serves as a positive addition for the future of Auburn's offensive line.

Clark received his official offer from the Tigers three days before Saturday's A-Day scrimmage, where his decision was finalized.

"I was told by a few people who had visited Auburn last week that they were interested in me, but the offer was still a surprise when I got it," Clark told Rivals.com. "Also they have the major (Business Finance) I want and that made my parents happy, which is something else that's big to me. I had to get my mom over there, so I did and I am now committed to Auburn."

According to Clark, "atmosphere" and Auburn's "championship" pedigree were the biggest factors in his recruitment. Clark bolsters J.B. Grimes' future O-line unit as the No. 12 center in the class, per 247 Sports.

"With me committing today, I'm going to shut down my recruitment," Clark said. "I want to feel like I'm at home and AU has that feeling. Between the players and the coaches, everybody looks out for one another and I love that."

Share and discuss “Auburn lands 2019 commitment from 3-star center Jakai Clark” on social media.