Auburn man charged with breaking and entering, theft of property

<p>Police tape on North Gay Street in Auburn, Ala., on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2016.&nbsp;</p>

Police tape on North Gay Street in Auburn, Ala., on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2016. 

On Saturday, Auburn police arrested Auburn resident Rodriques O'Neal Pitts, 20, on warrants charging him with two counts of breaking and entering into an automobile, fourth-degree theft of property, first-degree receiving stolen property, fleeing and attempting to elude law enforcement and failure to appear.

According to a release from the Auburn Police Division, at around 2:30 a.m., police responded to a car burglary in progress at an apartment complex in the 1300 block of Commerce Drive. On the scene, officers said they saw Pitts, who they said matched a description of a suspect given to them, who allegedly fled before being taken into custody after a brief chase.

Officers said they located stolen property taken from a Nissan Altima and BMW 725L in Pitts' possession, as well as keys for a Hyundai Sonata. The Sonata had been stolen hours earlier from an apartment complex in the 800 block of Bedell Avenue and was located nearby.

Pitts was transported to the Lee County Detention Center where he is being held on bonds totaling $10,500. He is also being held without bond due to a no bond warrant stemming from a previous felony conviction.

Share and discuss “Auburn man charged with breaking and entering, theft of property” on social media.