Braden Smith selected by Indianapolis Colts in 2nd round of 2018 NFL Draft

Smith became the first Tiger player to be selected in the 2018 NFL Draft Friday night.

Auburn's Braden Smith became the first Tiger player to be selected in the 2018 NFL Draft Friday night.

Smith was selected by the Indianapolis Colts in the 2nd round and 37th overall pick of the draft.

As a first-team All-American in his senior season, Smith quickly became the replacement for offensive tackle Greg Robinson, who was the second-overall pick in 2014, as a freshman. Helping pave the way for 1,000-yard rushers all four of his seasons on the line, Smith then became the focal point of the Auburn offensive line.

"Braden Smith is one of the best I’ve coached," Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn tweeted. "The @Colts are going to love him. Congrats Braden!

Coming out of high school, Smith was the top-rated offensive guard recruit in the country by 247Sports. The Olathe, Kansas, native played in all 13 games his freshman season, including a start against Wisconsin in an Outback Bowl loss.

Offensive line coach J.B. Grimes said that Smith was "stronger than train smoke" despite being fresh out of high school.

Some NFL analysts believe that Smith is both "underrated" and ready to start day one as a professional.

"I think Braden Smith's the most underrated of this group," ESPN analyst Mel Kiper Jr. said. "I think if you get into the third round for Braden Smith, you've got a plug-and-play rookie."

Share and discuss “Braden Smith selected by Indianapolis Colts in 2nd round of 2018 NFL Draft” on social media.