Jane Goodall to speak at Auburn

Jane Goodall, founder of the Jane Goodall Institute, will be speaking at the 16th annual Women's Philanthropy Board Spring Symposium and Luncheon on April 16. 

Goodall's presentation will begin following the luncheon in the Grand Ballroom of The Hotel at Auburn University and Dixon Conference Center. The luncheon is sold out but should tickets become available, guests can be placed on a waiting list.

Another presentation will begin at 10 a.m. in the hotel auditorium and will feature Cathy Saunders, head of registered investment advisory business at Putman Investments in Boston, and Brie Williams, vice president and head of practice management at State Global Advisors in New York. 

"Empower, Elevate and Achieve: A Financial Guidebook for Women" will be presented by Saunders and "The Power of Women in Leadership: The Making of the Fearless Girl," will come from Williams. 

Goodall is known internationally for her work as a scientist, conservationist, peacemaker and mentor. When she was just 26, Goodall began working in Tanzania with wild chimpanzees. In 50 years of work, Goodall has studied chimpanzees and sparked awareness for their condition. 

She founded the Jane Goodall Institute in 1977 in an effort to continue pushing research forward in Gombe, Tanzania. Once young adults expressed their interest in her endeavors, she co-founded Roots & Shoots. 

She has published over 100 books and her most recent publication was, "Seeds of Hope: Wisdom and Wonder from the World of Plants." 

The Spring Symposium brought Former First Lady Laura Bush last year. The Women's Philanthropy Board is the flagship program of the Cary Center for the Advancement of Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies. 

Share and discuss “Jane Goodall to speak at Auburn ” on social media.