Kaylee Carlson listed as finalist for USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year

Carlson has led the way for the 12th-ranked Tigers with 19-4 record and a program-best 0.92 ERA, good for fourth in the SEC and 13th nationally.

Auburn's Kaylee Carlson has been named one of the top 25 finalists for the 2018 USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year, the highest touted award in Division I softball.

Carlson became Auburn’s all-time wins leader earlier in the year with a win over Tennessee. She has led the way for the 12th-ranked Tigers with 19-4 record and a program-best 0.92 ERA, good for fourth in the SEC and 13th nationally. Not only is she the all-time wins leader for Auburn, but she currently holds the record at Auburn for career ERA with 1.48.

Carlson is joined by 12 other pitchers and is one of seven players representing the SEC. Florida’s Kelly Barnhill and Amanda Lorenz, Georgia’s Alyssa DiCarlo and Cortni Emanuel and Tennessee’s Meghan Gregg and Aubrey Leach.

The top 10 finalists will be announced May 9 and the top three will be announced on May 23. The winner will be selected on May 29.

Carlson and Auburn will travel to College Station to take on 11th-ranked Texas A&M this weekend and are looking to get their sixth SEC series win of the year.

Share and discuss “Kaylee Carlson listed as finalist for USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year” on social media.