Plainsman's Choice for Play of the Year: Kerryon Johnson's jump pass vs. Alabama

Johnson’s 3-yard jump-pass touchdown gave No. 6 Auburn a 7-0 lead over the top-ranked Crimson Tide.

Running back Kerryon Johnson ran in a yard and stopped to rise, throwing to wide receiver Nate Craig-Myers as he ran out of the end zone.

Head coach Gus Malzahn said that his coaching staff was prepared to run the play.

"We had a little bit different look with that play this time,” Malzahn said. “It was a play that [offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey] had been saving now for a few weeks and it was well executed for sure."

In addition to his 1-for-1 passing performance, Johnson had 104 rushing yards and a rushing touchdown on 30 carries.

Quarterback Jarrett Stidham also played well, completing 21 of his 28 pass attempts for 237 yards. He added 53 rushing yards and a rushing touchdown in Auburn’s second victory over a top-ranked opponent.

Johnson and Auburn rode a five-game winning streak into the SEC Championship and a Peach Bowl berth.

The third-year running back led the SEC in rushing yards and touchdowns in 2017 with 1,391 and 18, respectively.

Honorable mentions:

- Kerryon Johnson long TD vs. UGA (Football)

- Horace Spencer put-back dunk vs. Alabama (Men's basketball)

- Jared Harper go-ahead 3-pointer vs. Charleston (Men's basketball)

- Mustapha Heron poster dunk vs. Georgia (Men's basketball)

Share and discuss “Plainsman's Choice for Play of the Year: Kerryon Johnson's jump pass vs. Alabama” on social media.