Report: Auburn offers JUCO guard Ricky Torres

Auburn has extended a scholarship offer to junior college guard Ricky Torres. Torres played for Missouri-State-West Plains during the 2017-2018 campaign and is from Florida.

He is a 6-foot-3 point guard and his last visit was to Wichita State. Torres has multiple more offers including from SMU, Florida Gulf Coast and Virginia Tech.

Torres averaged 17.2 points per game along with 8.1 assists per game last season at Missouri-State-West Plains. He started all 33 games last season. Torres scored in double digits in 31 games and had a season high of 31 points. Torres also recorded 11 double-doubles last season.

Last year, Torres had a 2.5:1 assist to turnover ratio with 268 assists and only 107 turnovers. He ranked No. 2 nationally in assists and set a single-season school record for assists. Torres also shot over 43 percent from behind the three-point line. Torres was picked as a NJCAA First-Team all-American, as well.

For Auburn, the Tigers hold no commitments for the 2018 class. 6-foot-8 center Babatunde Akingbola is committed for the 2019 class and is pondering reclassifying to the 2018 class.

Auburn has lost several key pieces from the 2017-2018 regular season SEC Championship squad. Mustapha Heron declared for the NBA draft and hired an agent, while Desean Murray and Davion Mitchell are transferring out of the program.

Austin Wiley, Jared Harper and Bryce Brown have all declared for the NBA draft, but can return to school because they have not hired an agent.

Torres would help bolster depth at the point guard position if he picks the Tigers. Jared Harper would be the only scholarship point guard on the roster if he was to return to school.

Share and discuss “Report: Auburn offers JUCO guard Ricky Torres” on social media.