Best places to eat with your family before leaving town

Auburn boasts some of the best restaurants in the country, and with nationally recognized chefs calling Lee County home, it is no wonder why. Here is a list of places that you must try with your family before you leave town.

Amsterdam Cafe

Located on Gay Street and nestled next to Mama Mochas, this little cafe is bursting with both flavor and character. With a menu as interesting as its paintings displayed on the wall, Amsterdam Cafe is an Auburn Family favorite.

The Hound

With American home-style food as rich as the culture around it, The Hound won The Plainsman’s pick for best place to get spoiled by your parents.

From their appetizing pepper jelly to the last sumptuous bites of key lime pie, this restaurant has food to satisfy every craving. Their signature Bacon and Bourbon fuels their fans who keep coming back for more.

The Depot

Housed in an old railway station, The Depot boasts some of the best seafood Auburn has to offer. Along with a family-friendly atmosphere with great food, The Depot reminds guests of a railway station from years ago with a feeling as elegant as the chandeliers that delicately dangle from the refurbished ceilings.

Local foods fill The Depot’s dishes, and every menu item is as appetizing as the last.

Acre

At Acre, award-winning chefs serve up farm-fresh foods are sure to please any palate. Acre has been named Southern Living’s 100 Best Restaurants in the South and is undeniably a local favorite.

If that isn’t enough to sell you, Acre’s executive chef and own, David Bancroft, recently won Food Network’s “Iron Chef Showdown.”

Share and discuss “Best places to eat with your family before leaving town ” on social media.