Auburn named to Military Friendly School list with bronze ranking

Auburn University has exceeded standards in all categories of critique by Military Friendly, an organization that promotes veteran success, placing the University on the  2018-2019 Military Friendly list.

Auburn is ranked bronze, meaning the University has programs that scored within 40 percent of the 10th-ranked institution within the given category. 

The list will be published in the May issue of the G.I. Jobs Magazine. Auburn is one of 942 schools in the country to receive the recognition. Surveys and research are conducted to find schools that have hit the marks in all of the right categories. 

The categories of critique include Academic Policies and Compliance; Admissions and Orientation; Culture and Commitment; Financial Aid and Assistance; and Graduation and Career. In the category of Academic Policies and Compliance, Auburn scored 90 percent over a perfect Military Friendly Standard scoring, making that category Auburn's highest score. 

The Auburn University Veteran Resource Center was recognized as one of the prime examples of Auburn's dedication to veteran success. It is located in Foy Hall, and they offer vocational rehabilitation, employment programs, grant assistance and the Veterans Professional Clothing Locker. 

The center serves a total of 1,100 clients. 

The Auburn Veteran Success Program was noted as another reason why Auburn University "is an excellent choice for veterans." 

Share and discuss “Auburn named to Military Friendly School list with bronze ranking” on social media.