Police charge 38-year-old with burglary, resisting arrest

Police said in a release Thursday that Romine's arrest was the result of a burglary reported on April 26 at a residence in the 200 block of Redwood Court

<p>Police tape on North Gay Street in Auburn, Ala., on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2016.&nbsp;</p>

Police tape on North Gay Street in Auburn, Ala., on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2016. 

The Auburn Police Division on Wednesday arrested James F. Romine, a 38-year-old from Auburn, charging him with third-degree burglary, first-degree theft of property and resisting arrest.

Police said in a release Thursday that Romine's arrest was the result of a burglary reported on April 26 at a residence in the 200 block of Redwood Court. Someone unlawfully entered a home while the residents were away and stole two flat screen televisions, an electronic device and sunglasses, the value of which totaled over $3,200, police said.

An unidentified male was captured on video surveillance entering the residence, police said, and further investigation found Romine to be the offender.

Police recovered one of the televisions and the electronic device before arresting Romine. Later, Romine was located at his residence and taken into custody. He initially resisted arrest, police said, which resulted in the additional resisting arrest charge.

Romine was transported to the Lee County Jail where he was being held on an $8,500 bond.

Share and discuss “Police charge 38-year-old with burglary, resisting arrest” on social media.