University College to move under College of Liberal Arts

The administrative transition will take place on May 14. University College houses the Department of Aviation, the Interdisciplinary Studies Program, the Exploratory Advising Center and academic minors that are also managed by University College faculty.

The University College will now be under the College of Liberal Arts. 

The administrative transition will take place on May 14. Faculty, staff and programming will be moved under the leadership of CLA Dean Joseph Aistrup. 

According to the University's announcement of the transition, the shift will not affect the day-to-day programs and resources. There will be no changes to the established curriculum requirements. 

University College houses the Department of Aviation, the Interdisciplinary Studies Program, the Exploratory Advising Center and academic minors that are also managed by University College faculty. 

"Under CLA, the University College will have the opportunity to grow its faculty by providing opportunities to hire tenure-line faculty, resulting in increased programming to support the growth in enrollment," read the University website. 

Students will remain enrolled in the University College but will receive advising from professionals under CLA. Students will still be recognized as students of the University College and will be recognized at graduation with CLA students. 

The University is hopeful the transition will allow for expansion of programs like the Department of Aviation. 

"We are excited about this opportunity and the many new faculty, staff, students and programs that will further enrich our already strong college," Aistrup said. 

Share and discuss “University College to move under College of Liberal Arts” on social media.