Auburn basketball's 2018-19 SEC opponents announced

Last season, the SEC fielded a record eight teams in the NCAA Tournament, and had nine of its 14 programs post 20-win seasons, the second-most among all conferences in college basketball

What could be the most anticipated season in Auburn basketball history is beginning to gain clarity.

After its four NBA Draft entrants made their decisions, Auburn learned its 2018-19 SEC schedule Wednesday morning, announced by the league office.

Auburn will play its customary home-and-home contests against Alabama, Ole Miss and Georgia, and will have five total home-and-home series with the addition of Mississippi State and Kentucky. The Tigers round out their Auburn Arena slate with Arkansas, Florida, Mizzou and Tennessee.

The 2017-18 SEC co-Champions will hit the road against the five home-and-home squads as well as LSU, South Carolina, Texas A&M and Vanderbilt.

Last season, the SEC fielded a record eight teams in the NCAA Tournament, and had nine of its 14 programs post 20-win seasons, the second-most among all conferences in college basketball.

In addition to its SEC schedule, Auburn will play NC State in Raleigh, North Carolina, on Dec. 19 for the first of the two-year home-and-home series.

For the first time in program history, Auburn will take its experienced roster to the Maui Invitational against high-profile units like Arizona, Duke, Xavier, Gonzaga, Illinois, Iowa State and San Diego State. The group touts 27 combined Final Four appearances and six national titles.

Nathan King | Sports Editor

Nathan King, senior in journalism with a minor in business, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

Share and discuss “Auburn basketball's 2018-19 SEC opponents announced” on social media.