Auburn extends contract of WBB coach Terri Williams-Flournoy through 2023

Auburn athletic director Allen Greene has been a busy man in June.

A day after extending the contract of men's basketball coach Bruce Pearl and reportedly firing six athletic administrators, Auburn has reached an agreement with women's hoops coach Terri Williams-Flournoy on a contract extension through the 2022-23 season, the athletic department announced Tuesday morning.

“Over the past few years, the women’s basketball team has established a foundational level of success upon which we can build,” Greene said. “Coach Flo will be given the support she needs to meet our commitment of putting our student-athletes into a position where they can compete for championships.”

In her six seasons on The Plains, "Coach Flo" has a record of 102-90 with four postseason appearances, including back-to-back NCAA Tournament seasons in 2016-17.

“I would like to thank President Leath, my athletics director Allen Greene, and the entire administration for having the utmost confidence in me to continue the mission I started six years ago, which is to lead Auburn women’s basketball to sustained success that will ultimately culminate in championships,” Williams-Flournoy said. “We are creating a winning culture both on and off the court, and we have barely scratched the surface on what we will accomplish here.”

In SEC play under Williams-Flournoy, the Tigers are 35-61 with no better than a 7th place finish in 2015-16. Last year, Auburn finished 10th in the conference and missed out on postseason play after being bounced in the opening round of the SEC Tournament by Tennessee. 

Nathan King | Sports Editor

Nathan King, senior in journalism with a minor in business, is The Plainsman's sports editor.

Share and discuss “Auburn extends contract of WBB coach Terri Williams-Flournoy through 2023” on social media.