Recruiting roundup: Tigers gain two, lose one 2019 commit to flip

Auburn's 2019 class continues to pick up commitments and momentum, despite some bumps in the road

<p>Justin Osborne's commitment via Twitter.</p>

Justin Osborne's commitment via Twitter.

Auburn's 2019 class continues to pick up commitments and momentum, despite some bumps in the road.

Jashawn Sheffield - 4-star ATH

Auburn landed its 12th commitment of the 2019 class on Saturday after four-star athlete Jashawn Sheffield announced his commitment on Twitter.

Sheffield is do-it-all type player, seeing time as a receiver, running back, safety and returner. Auburn sees him giving the most impact in the secondary at the safety slot.

The 6-foot-1, 178-pound athlete named Auburn his leader two months ago and close friend/teammate Jaylin Simpson committed to the Tigers earlier in April.

Auburn’s out-of-state recruiting has been on fire lately with the resurgence of the Mississippi pipeline and now the Tigers receiving their fifth commitment from Georgia.

Cordale Flott - 3-star DB

A day after landing Sheffield, Cordale Flott, a defensive back out of Saraland, Alabama flipped his commitment from Auburn to LSU.

Flott has been an Auburn commit since April, but after an official visit to Baton Rouge, the three-star decided to take his talents to Louisiana.

Auburn’s momentum on the recruiting trail sputters for a moment with this being the first decommitment from the Tigers since the 2017 recruiting class, bringing the class back to 11 commits for the 2019 class.

Flott is a ranked as the No. 22 ranked player from Alabama, according the 247Sports Composite.

The Tigers are still in good shape at defensive back for 2019 with the pair of four-stars Sheffield and his teammate Jaylin Simpson leading the way so far. 

Justin Osborne - 3-star OT

Justin Osborne, a former TCU commit, chose the Tigers less than a week after decommitting from the Horned Frogs, announcing his decision on Twitter.

The 6-foot-4, 300-pound true tackle out of IMG Academy is Auburn’s first tackle to commit to the Tigers since Calvin Ashley and Austin Troxell in 2017.

Osborne ranks as the nation’s No. 40 tackle and No. 428 overall prospect.

The commitment from Osbourne comes only hours after Flott flipped his commitment from Auburn to LSU.

Auburn’s class is now back up to 12 total members and is the No. 14 class in the nation, according to 247Sports Composite. 

Share and discuss “Recruiting roundup: Tigers gain two, lose one 2019 commit to flip” on social media.