Police arrest Beulah man in May burglary investigation

Auburn Police arrested Joseph Baker, 20, of Beulah, Alabama, on felony warrants for burglary third-degree and theft of property third-degree Tuesday, July 3, 2018, police report.

<p>Police tape on North Gay Street in Auburn, Ala., on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2016.&nbsp;</p>

Police tape on North Gay Street in Auburn, Ala., on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2016. 

The arrest came after an investigation into a burglary that was reported on May 22, 2018, that occurred at a residence in the 1100 block of Stone Gate Drive.

According to the victim, someone unlawfully entered their residence. They then stole electronics and a tool box with assorted tools valued at over $500.

Baker developed as a suspect as the burglary was investigated. Police determined that he was in possession of the stolen property immediately following the burglary, police report. 

Police then obtained warrants for his arrest. He was located at his residence and taken into custody by APD officers with the assistance of Lee County Sherriff Deputies.

Baker was then transported to the Lee County Jail where he was held on a $4,500 bond.

Share and discuss “Police arrest Beulah man in May burglary investigation” on social media.