Drag show moves from Derailed to Opelika

“Our community needs a place to go,” said Chad Peacock, manager of ROYGBIV.

The queens from Fierce Fridays at Derailed Bar and Grill have moved their show to Irish Bred Pub in Opelika, Alabama.

The members of ROY G BIV, the group of queens that performed most Fierce Fridays, began looking for a new home after Derailed was closed for several nights in a row in July.

“Our community needs a place to go,” said Chad Peacock, manager of ROY G BIV. “It’s important that we have somewhere that we can go and be ourselves and be safe.”

ROY G BIV will now be featured as the Clovers every Thursday night and the last Saturday night of each month in the upstairs bar at Irish Bred Pub at 833 S. Railroad Ave.

“It’ll be basically the same set up as before but at Irish Bred Pub,” Peacock said. “We’re really excited about it. The venue is amazing, and we’re excited to bring something to downtown Opelika.”

ROY G BIV performed their first show as the Clovers of Irish Bread Pub Thursday, Aug. 2.

Peacock said he and the rest of ROY G BIV are excited to bring the show to Opelika.

“There’s a great outdoor patio that people can go out on,” Peacock said. “There’s more of a stage with a lighting set up. It’ll definitely add some production value to what we do.”

Everyone from ROY G BIV participated in the move and is now featured at Irish Bred Pub. The group does not currently have plans to bring ROY G BIV back to Derailed for Fierce Fridays.

Elizabeth Hurley | Community Editor

Elizabeth, senior in journalism and political science, is the community editor for The Plainsman

@lizhurley37

community@theplainsman.com

Share and discuss “Drag show moves from Derailed to Opelika” on social media.