Ameera Steward | Campus Writer

The Auburn Plainsman
Campus

The CPA Exam is No Match for Auburn Accountancy Students

Auburn University accountancy students master the CPA exam with higher pass rates for first time candidates than national rates for repeating and first time candidates. “I think it’s phenomenal and I think it has elevated the reputation of the Auburn University Master of Accountancy Program to a very high level, to where we are known nationally. Many other universities hear about our success from the Becker CPA review, and many of the directors of other programs contact me and want to know what we’re doing to help our students succeed. Because I would want them to share their success with me, I share with other universities what we’ve done because I want students all across the country to be successful.”

The Auburn Plainsman
Campus

Celebrating Forests with a Photo Contest

Celebrating Forests with a Photo Contest Ameera Steward Campus Writer The School of Forestry and Wildlife Sciences celebrated The International Day of Forest for the first year with a photo contest. According to a PhD student in the school of forestry and wildlife sciences, Shree Sharma Dangal, the School of Forestry and Wildlife Sciences organized this event to commemorate the United Nations global celebration on the importance of forest.

The Auburn Plainsman
Campus

OIT computer labs print with tree-free paper

With help from Auburn University’s Office of Sustainability, the OIT computer labs are now printing with tree-free paper. According to OIT employee Jim Hawkins, Michael Kensler, director of the Office of Sustainability, came to him with this idea Nov. 17. He said the paper is made out of byproducts from sugar cane, and the paper came from Staples.

The Auburn Plainsman
Campus

Gandhi's grandson visits Auburn

Arun Gandhi, grandson of Monhandas Gandhi, spoke on campus in the Foy auditorium Tuesday February 9, 2016 at 7 p.m. as a part of the year of India the International programs are having. His lecture was titled “Lessons Learned from My Grandfather: Nonviolence in a Violent World” and the turnout was great.

The Auburn Plainsman
Campus

Auburn University wins another one

Auburn University Wins another One Ameera Steward Campus Writer A College of Agriculture professor won an award for his significant contributions over to the science of cotton genetics and cotton breeding. David Weaver won Cotton Genetics Research Award this year in New Orleans at the Beltwide Cotton Improvement Conference. The award is given annually by the National Cotton Council.

The Auburn Plainsman
Campus

Meet the Student Design League's fan apparel contest winner

Alaundra Shealey, winner of the Student Design League's #AUshirt competition and senior in apparel design, is from the Auburn and area and said she wanted to incorporate the Toomer's Oaks in her design.  Shealey's design received 3,500 votes.  She received a summer internship with Robin Ruth in New York and is now a finalist for a $10,000 prize, which is based on who gets the most shirt sales, said Shealey. When Shealey was announced as the winner, she said she felt more than her facial expression showed.

More articles »