Ashlee Wood / WRITER

The Auburn Plainsman
News

Folks Gather For 'Old Time Music Festival'

Dulcimers, fiddles, flutes and banjos rang out in Loachapoka last weekend during the "Down From the Mountains" festival.When the Lee County Historical Society arranged the four-day festival, not many people expected several groups of artists from distant areas of America to come celebrate the second annual Lee County Gathering in Loachapoka."The Old Time Music Festival was absolutely wonderful," said Deborah McCord, president of the Lee County Historical Society.

The Auburn Plainsman
News

7123025

After a riveting three-game series in Nashville, the Auburn baseball team finally lost to Vanderbilt at Hawkins Field Sunday afternoon

The Auburn Plainsman
News

Alabama High School Student Takes First at Film Festival

Creative abstract films, innovative experimental films and inspiringdocumentaries were featured in the theater auditorium at the AuburnUniversity Hotel and Dixon Conference Center Thursday night.The 13th Annual Jay Sanders Film Festival is an event in which thefinalists in the Movie Gallery Student Film Competition are publiclypresented and judged.

Sports

Auburn Wins Home Series Over LS-Who

Auburn University welcomed the defending national champion and No. 3 Louisiana State University to Plainsman Park last weekend for a successful three game baseball series."In every inning I never thought any lead was safe," said coach John Pawlowski. "We would have one and then they would have one so that was tough."After battling through the first game Friday night, Auburn fell four runs short to LSU, 14-10.Although the team suffered defeat, players had success at the plate.

News

Safe, Sexy Sunless Self-Tanning

While Auburn's pools are inundated with people soaking up the sunlight, student schedules, like Whitney Gibbs', don't allow for daily bronzing sessions."I'm studying to be a nurse and, because I'm a senior, I never have time to go to the pool anymore," Gibbs said.

Tucker Stokes / Stokes Portrait and Wedding Design.
Campus

Hospitality Gala

As more than 300 formal attire-clad guests shuffled into the Auburn University Hotel and Dixon Conference Center Thursday evening, the elite team of hospitality students and coordinators reassessed its intricate checklists for the final time. Under the direction of Alecia Douglas, 21 students in Auburn University's special events management class teamed up with the hotel to plan The Hospitality Gala, an annual signature event.

More articles »