Bailey Fuhrmann | Campus Writer

The Auburn Plainsman
News

Greek sing dances the night away with standout performances

Tonight, the Auburn Arena hosted the annual Greek Sing showcase. This event had a total of 20 performances, with 18 of those performances from Auburn’s sororities and special performances from AU Rhythm and Best Buddies. The event began with an introduction of the judges, whom were found at the both sides of the ground floor and the upper deck of the arena. After the introductions, Alpha Delta Pi made their way out into the floor to perform a number based on the film Wizard of Oz. Their performance called “There’s No Place Like ADPI” had performers dressed as munchkin like characters and four soloists in Dorothy, Tin Man, The Cowardly Lion, and The Scarecrow costumes. Following them were Chi Omega who performed a number titled “Villains.” Their routine consisted of costumes inspired by The Joker, where they even used the signature Joker card as props. Next to perform was Alpha Gamma Delta for “Mother Knows Best.” Their performance was based on classic nursery rhymes.

The Auburn Plainsman
News

Weaver Lecture Series concludes with Peter Marra

At a conference hall in the School of Forestry and Wildlife Sciences, Peter Marra concluded the Weaver Lecture Series this evening with his presentation of “Studying birds in the context of the annual cycle: Carry-over effects and seasonal interactions.” The event began with Peter Marra being introduced by Dr. Christopher Lepczyk, who then welcomed Marra to the audience members.

More articles »