Emily Esleck | Intrigue Editor

Articles

El Niño weather results in warmer December

It's December, and people can wear shorts outside. With temperatures in the 70s, the country seems to be experiencing an unusually warm winter.  According to Josh Johnson, chief meteorologist for WSFA, these warm temperatures are a result of an El Niño winter.

12 unusual Alabama laws you didn't know

Seeing police lights flash in your rearview mirror is never a fun feeling. Whether it's speeding, no turn signal or not having your seatbelt on, most people don't like the heart-sinking moment when laws are broken.

Black Friday sales to start Thanksgiving day

The day after Thanksgiving, or Black Friday, usually begins with swarms of holiday shoppers trying to get the best deal for their buck. The widely popular phenomenon of staying out all hours of the night, credit card in hand, scouring shelves for gifts happens every year without fail.

Ceramic students to host Holiday Ornament Happening

The Auburn Ceramics Studio will be hosting Holiday Ornament Happening, a fundraiser for students to attend the annual conference of the National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts, Saturday, Nov. 14 from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 15 from 2-6 p.m.

Research shows a plan to combat climate change

Three numbers — two, 565 and 2,975. Two degrees is the threshold for dangerous climate change. Five hundred sixty- five gigatons is the amount of carbon dioxide that can be safely released in the atmosphere to stay under two degrees. Two thousand nine hundred seventy-five gigatons is the amount of carbon dioxide that would be released if the U.S. burned all the fossil fuel reserves discovered, according to “Keep it in the ground,” a campaign by The Guardian.

Advice from professionals on developing career path

For many college students, the idea of entering the workforce might seem intimidating. According to Mike Stover, employer development specialist in the Office of Professional and Career Development, Auburn’s College of Business has career coaches who help students develop their resume, interview skills and understanding of industries and job opportunities.

Five men from England visit Auburn for Halloween

Even though the Auburn football team lost the game Saturday, Oct. 30, fans dressed in costumes were ready to experience Halloween, including five men from Tower Bridge, England. Cousins Danny and Carl Bradbury, Chris Pilling, Elliott Cox and Phil Chrimes visited Auburn after hearing it was amazing from Danny's brother, according to Pilling.