Kris Martins | Campus Reporter

paris shooting
Community

Auburn's connections to Paris shooting

"Je suis Charlie," French for "I am Charlie," has become a slogan around the world to those showing solidarity with Charlie Hebdo, a satirical magazine in Paris whose staff was attacked by two masked gunmen Jan. 7. Isabelle Kallenberg, senior in French and microbiology, said she was studying abroad in France during the attack. Kallenberg said she arrived back in Paris from Germany approximately two hours after the incident.

The Auburn Plainsman
Campus

Spinning into action: University prepares for tornado season

Transitioning into the springtime, pollen isn’t the only thing expected in Alabama. As tornado season approaches, Auburn University Emergency Management lays out its severe weather procedures. Chance Corbett, associate director of Emergency Management, said every campus building has a designated indoor shelter area marked with a green “Severe Weather Shelter” sign.

The Auburn Plainsman
News

Spinning into Motion with Tornado Preparedness How the university prepares for tornado season Transitioning into the springtime, pollen isn’t the only thing expected in Alabama.

The Auburn Plainsman
Campus

South Donahue dorm burglaries

As students returned home from spring break, residents in the South Donahue Residence Hall discovered several of their valuables missing. According to the Auburn Police Division news release, “assorted electronic devices, video game consoles and jewelry” were reported stolen March 29.

The Auburn Plainsman
Campus

Auburn professor names fish species after Star Wars character

Jonathan Armbruster, biological sciences professor and curator of fishes at the Auburn Museum of Natural History, recently named a new species of catfish after the “Star Wars” character Greedo featured in Episode IV. Armbruster discovered Peckoltia greedoi on a visit to a Brazilian museum in 2004. “Most of the stuff we actually find are things that somebody else has collected — sometimes hundreds of year ago even.

The Auburn Plainsman
Campus

SGA votes on new SGA positions

There was no old business so Brandon Honeywell, of the College of Science and Mathematics and junior in biomedical science presented the first order of business, which addressed the Chapter 201 code of laws amendment. “This is asking for an amendment just reflecting the language of the position of the executive cabinet, which is the executive vice president of marketing and engagement, which is Ms. Ivy Sibley,” Honeywell said. The motion was made and all ruled in favor.

More articles »