Laura Maxwell / Editor-in-chief

The Auburn Plainsman
News

Angelina Jolie is Worth Her Salt

Team Anniston, it might finally be time to give Angie a break. Forget about the commercials and trailers you've seen for Salt. They don't do it justice.Angelina Jolie gave a spectacular performance as Evelyn Salt, a CIA officer who is accused of being a Russian spy. Her superiors are persuaded by a defector to believe she is going to kill the Russian president days later at the American vice president's funeral.

The Auburn Plainsman
Campus

New Doctoral Program Comes to College of Engineering

Auburn University has started a doctoral program for polymer and fiber engineering."This is an outgrowth of textile engineering," explained Dr. Joe Morgan, associate dean for academics for the College of Engineering.Morgan said textile engineering programs have moved toward broader perspectives, still including apparel, but expanding to include all kinds of applications.

The Auburn Plainsman
News

'Grown Ups' Isn't Just for Grown Ups

With such a talented cast, how could "Grown Ups" not be a fantastic movie?The film focuses on a group of friends played by Adam Sandler, Kevin James, David Spade, Chris Rock and Rob Schneider. The group, former basketball champions, is reunited after the death of its beloved coach.

The Auburn Plainsman
Sports

Soccer Season Preview

Soccer season is approaching fast.The Auburn women's soccer team is preparing for an exciting year, as it is welcoming eight new recruits. Katy Frierson, a junior in political science, said the team gets its recruits two years in advance.

More articles »