Maxwell Newfield / ASSOCIATE CAMPUS EDITOR

Articles

Military Parades for President Gogue

Not many people show their appreciation for someone by waking them up before dawn, but that is exactly what every branch of the Auburn ROTC program did for Auburn University president Jay Gogue Friday morning."All the branches went on a run together around campus (Friday) morning," said Matt Denham, sophomore in aviation management.

Chi Omega Helps Make Dreams Reality

Most people cannot say they have made someone's wildest dreams come true, but the sisters of Chi Omega can.In conjunction with the Make-A-Wish Foundation, the junior class of the Auburn chapter of Chi Omega hosted a wish party for 4-year-old Jaden Schmeichel of Phenix City."We work with the Make-A-Wish Foundation for our philanthropy," said Katy Mac Tweedy, junior in rehabilitation services.

Steel Band Makes Cuban M usic with Sticks, Trash Cans

In Goodwin Music Hall, there are students who receive class credit for banging trash cans with mallets.Those students are the members of professor Doug Rosener's, the director of percussion studies and associate director of bands, steel band class.Rosener said a steel instrument is basically exactly what the name indicates."(A steel instrument is) a 55 gallon drum that has been shaped into an instrument," Rosener said.

Q&A: Famous Actor, Comedian Shares Laughs

Kevin Hart is a 30-year-old from Philadelphia. He has starred in films such as "Soul Plane," "Scary Movie 3" and the television show Kroed Maendoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire.Hart and his wife Torrie currently live in Los Angeles with their son, Hendrix, and daughter, Heaven Lee.

Hart Brings Jokes, Family Stories to Auburn

Actor and comedian Kevin Hart stepped up to the stage to deliver one hour of stand-up comedy for Auburn students Wednesday night.The 30-year-old comedian burst into the national spotlight in the early 2000s with his roles in Scary Movie 3 (2003) and Soul Plane (2004).Despite his recent success in film, Hart said his first love was stand-up comedy.

Squirt Gun Shenanigans

More than 100 Auburn students have spent the last two weeks systematically hunting and shooting friends and classmates.Fortunately for the Auburn Police Department, the weapons of choice were squirt guns and a part of Campus Ministry Shenanigans, hosted by Reform University Fellowship."It's a game we play once a year," said Scott Morrison, junior in biomedical sciences and one of the organizers of Campus Ministry Shenanigans. "It's pretty much like Assassins, but I don't think we're allowed to call it that."

IFC Helps Protect Auburn's Hearts

Members of Auburn's Interfraternity Council shocked the Auburn Police Department when they presented the department with eight emergency defibrillators, April 7."Until now, no police cars were equipped with AEDs," said Tyler Sample, senior in building science and president of IFC.

Omega Tau Sigma Revives Dogpatch

Dogpatch may be the only animal-related event the students and alumni of the veterinary school are not entirely educated about."That's just the name we started with," said Sharon Bailey, the Zeta Club manager for Omega Tau Sigma.

Alpha Psi Saddles Up For Rodeo

The brothers of Alpha Psi veterinary fraternity will host their annual rodeo this Saturday, April 10."It's such a big event that people definitely do not want to miss," said Daniel Priest, second-year veterinary student and rodeo chair.

Tigers Take To Skies In Professional Aviation Management

Every major at Auburn University can prepare someone for a successful and rewarding career, but only one can teach someone to fly the Goodyear blimp.The professional flight management degree prepares students for careers in every variety of flight."With the professional flight management degree, students can come to Auburn to obtain a 4-year accredited business degree and also learn how to fly," said Joe Hanna, aviation and supply chain management department chairman and professor.