Melissa McCarthy, husband donate $50,000 to Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center

With shakers and a massive check for $50,000 in hand, Melissa McCarthy, her husband and co-stars from "Life of the Party," smiled for photos in front of the Auburn University sign. 

The check, given to the Auburn University Foundation, will go to the Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center. The funds will go to the naming of a stage door after McCarthy. 

McCarthy and Ben Falcone, director, producer and husband to McCarthy, donated $25,000 to the University fund. Warner Bros. and New Line Cinema turned around and matched the amount. 

Director of the Performance Arts Center Christopher Heacox said he hopes the McCarthys can come back to Auburn for the opening of the Center. 

"We are very excited that Melissa and Ben made a significant gift to the Gogue Performing Arts Center at Auburn University," Heacox said. "It’s not every day that you have two celebrities of their caliber name a spot in your facility."

Students and performers will enter the stage under McCarthy's name and Heacox said he is thrilled to see the impact of this. 

Heacox said the construction is going well and they are well on their way to their goal. The 85,000-square-foot Performing Arts Center is rumored to be one of the greatest in the state after it's completion. 

“There are so many areas in (the field of arts), and it’s so important we support that creativity,” McCarthy said. “So, it was really a pleasure, and Warner Bros. and New Line were so generous to go in on it with us.”

Share and discuss “Melissa McCarthy, husband donate $50,000 to Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center” on social media.