Auburn junior charged with rape, sodomy of 19-year-old

<p>Drew Michael McCormack, a 20-year-old Auburn junior, was arrested Wednesday and charged with first-degree rape and first-degree sodomy, police said.</p>

Drew Michael McCormack, a 20-year-old Auburn junior, was arrested Wednesday and charged with first-degree rape and first-degree sodomy, police said.

UPDATE 10/31/2021: According to officials at the Lee County Circuit Court, the first-degree sodomy charge brought against Drew McCormack was dismissed on Oct. 18, 2021. A jury found McCormack not guilty of first-degree rape on Oct. 22, 2021, according to court documents obtained by The Plainsman.

A 20-year-old Auburn junior was arrested Wednesday and charged with first-degree rape and first-degree sodomy.

Police said they arrested Drew Michael McCormack on May 23 after an investigation into an alleged sexual assault that was reported May 3. The Plainsman has confirmed that McCormack is a student in the College of Business.

The assault took place at a residence on North Donahue Drive, police said, and McCormack was developed as a suspect.

A 19-year-old victim told police she met McCormack, an acquaintance, while downtown with friends. It isn't clear if the victim was also a student. 

She left a downtown business with McCormack, having shared a ride to their individual residences. According to the victim, police said, McCormack arrived at her house uninvited, entered and forcibly sexually assaulted her.

McCormack was transported to Lee County Jail and is being held on a $125,000 bond. No other details were made available.

Share and discuss “Auburn junior charged with rape, sodomy of 19-year-old” on social media.