Auburn police arrest second suspect in Sept. 9 McDonald's shooting

<p>&nbsp;Michael Terrell Long, 22, of Auburn was arrested on multiple charges related to the Sept. 9, shooting at the McDonald's on West Magnolia Ave. that left one dead and four injured.&nbsp;</p>

Michael Terrell Long, 22, of Auburn was arrested on multiple charges related to the Sept. 9, shooting at the McDonald's on West Magnolia Ave. that left one dead and four injured. 

Auburn police arrested Michael Terrell Long, 22, of Auburn on multiple charges related to the Sept. 9, shooting at the McDonald's on West Magnolia Ave. Thursday, Dec. 13, 2018. He was charged with discharging a firearm within Auburn city limits, reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct. 

The arrest is part of an ongoing investigation into the Sept. 9, 2018, death of Even Mikale Wilson on West Magnolia Avenue. Wilson was killed during an altercation at approximately 2:30 p.m. near the McDonald's on West Magnolia Avenue following the Auburn versus Alabama State game. Four others were injured during the altercation

Long was identified as being present and in possession of and firing a weapon during the altercation. Long was arrested in addition to the 17-year-old male from Opelika that was arrested shortly after the altercation Sept. 9 who was charged with murder. 

Auburn police arrested Long while he was in Auburn Municipal Court answering for unrelated charges. 

The case of the Sept. 9 shooting that left one dead and four others injured remains under investigation and additional arrests are likely, Auburn police said. 

Elizabeth Hurley | Community Editor

Elizabeth, senior in journalism and political science, is the community editor for The Plainsman

@lizhurley37

community@theplainsman.com

Share and discuss “Auburn police arrest second suspect in Sept. 9 McDonald's shooting” on social media.