Evan Mealins | Assistant Community Editor

Articles

City Council calls special meeting for loan assistance

The Auburn City Council has called a special meeting to be held Thursday, March 26 at 2 p.m., the City announced Wednesday. The Council will discuss commercial loan assistance for local businesses struggling amid the current state of closures and restricted operations due to the coronavirus.

ADEM postpones public hearing for proposed quarry

The public hearing scheduled for March 31 regarding the construction of a proposed quarry in Opelika has been postponed, the Alabama Department of Environmental Management announced Tuesday. ADEM said that Creekwood Resources, the company that plans to open the quarry, requested the postponement. 

One year later: Beauregard mourns

Beauregard residents are struggling and grieving a year after deadly tornadoes ripped through their homes, killing 23 of their neighbors and loved ones. “I knew it was going to be difficult," said William Baugh. "I just didn’t expect it to be this bad."

Auburn residents share who earned their vote

The polls opened at 7 a.m. and continued running until 7 p.m. The Clarion Inn, one of five polling locations in Auburn, was filled with voters at 6 p.m. Many voters said the polls were still running smoothly and quickly.

Council approves 90-day student housing moratorium

The Council directed the City's Planning Department to research and review student housing in Auburn to determine what further action, if any, needs to be taken to ensure there is not an overabundance of student housing in Auburn. 

Media