Equestrian jumps Texas A&M, advances to NCEA Championship semifinals

In an upset for the Aggies, No. 5 Auburn Equestrian triumphed 9-6 in Waco, Texas and will proceed to the semifinals Saturday morning at 8:30, starting with a meet against the Georgia Bulldogs.

“We were strong against Georgia at SECs in western and the way our hunt seat kids are riding, we should be in good shape tomorrow.” Head coach Greg Williams said. “We are going to have to go hard. The girls are going to use that loss at SECs as their motivation.”

In Reining, the Tigers brought in two points with a win from freshman Alexa Rivard and junior Hailey Munger over A&M.

Elizabeth Benson then scored a 179 over Marlena Parker’s 171 in Equitation on the Flat followed by Demi Stiegler’s 177 against Haley Buchmiller’s 171 and Ashley Foster’s 167 over Audrey Gallagher’s 152.

Tory Hoft then added to Auburn’s victories, closing out the event with a 183 over Anna Rea’s 163.

Benson then went on to earn her 14th win of the season in Fences topping Alex Desiderio 164-140. Follwing her victory, Ashley Foster clinched the meet defeating Hannah Williams by nine. To give Auburn its ninth point, Stiegler defeated Leah Chenelle, 184-150.

The winner of the Auburn-Georgia faceoff with compete against either Oklahoma State or South Carolina in the NCEA Championship match. “I just can’t wait for tomorrow.” Williams said.

Share and discuss “Equestrian jumps Texas A&M, advances to NCEA Championship semifinals” on social media.